Wednesday, August 4, 2010

National Coast Guard Day AND National Chocolate Milk Day


National Coast Guard day was touching, heartwarming, and all of the above. Let me set the story up for you ...
Sarah cooked a grreeaatt dinner tonight and invited her cousins over. While we were eating, there was a lull in the conversation and so I thought it would be a great time to mention that today is National Milk Chocolate Day and National Coast Guard Day. I thought everyone would be happy about the first, but not really care about the second. Bu
t it was the complete opposite! The whole family got excited when I mentioned Coast Guard Day and it turns out that their grandpa (papa) was in the Coast Gu
ard! The cousins called him and wished him a Happy National Coast Guard Day ... awwwwwwwww. That part was pretty funny too because they had him on speaker phone and he's hard of hearing. It made for an interesting conversation. Needless to say, National Coast Guard Day touched lives today and brought families together. What a day.



And here's Caleb (the awesome Schmidt bro who came and visited us this week) partying hard in honor of National Chocolate Milk Day. (By partying hard I mean, drinking a big glass of chocolate milk).
Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. A salute to all those who have protected our shores in the coast guard. Papa, I am proud to be your granddaughter. Thank you for all you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to be on a blog (on Chocolate milk day!) this my be my claim to fame

    ReplyDelete