Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lasagna Day

Another delicious day! It's not hard to guess how I celebrated this holiday ... I cooked lasagna. I tried to spice things up, though, by not using a recipe. I was a little nervous that I'd end up having to order out for pizza tonight, but it turned out alright. Actually, it might have been one of the best lasagnas I've ever made! The spirit of Lasagna Day must've been in the air.

Here are pictures of the stages the lasagna went through and the soundtrack that was playing in the background.

Step 1: Cooking the meat
Soundtrack: "A Change is Gonna Come" - Sam Cooke

Step 2: Mixing the cheese (ricotta and parmesan)
Soundtrack: "I've Got Dreams to Remember" - Otis Redding and "Hit the Road Jack" - Ray Charles


Step 3: Layering it in the pan
Soundtrack: "Stand by Me" - B.B. King; "Lean on Me" - Bill Withers; "Love & Happiness" - Al Green

Step 4: Clean-up
Soundtrack: "Unthinkable" - Alicia Keys; "Like You" - Bow Wow; "Shawty is Da Sh**" - The Dream

Step 5: The finished product
Soundtrack: Lots of Mariah Carey

And finnnnaaaaallllllyyyyy the most important step - eating the good stuff! It was such a huge moment that I couldn't just eat it at my house. I decided to eat at the park by my house. And of course, when I got there, there was a jazz band setting up to play ... because I live in New York and awesome stuff like that happens all the time.

Here's a picture of my lasagna in the park along with the lyrics to the best soundtrack of the entire process.
"Grateful" - Hezekiah Walker
I am grateful for the things that You have done.
I am grateful for the victories we've won.
I could go on and on about Your works.
Because I'm so grateful, grateful so grateful just to praise you Lord.













In other news, today was also rain day and it rained this morning! Woo!

See ya tomorrow for "Talk in an Elevator Day" and "Cheesecake Day". It's gonna be good.




No comments:

Post a Comment