Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Take Your Houseplant for a Walk Day

Man! Take Your Houseplant for a Walk Day was a success!

Sarah and I walked Jillian's plant, Planty, through the Botanical Gardens so he could meet some of his leafy brothers and sisters. Here are some pictures of Planty's adventure ...

Planty watching a man paint:

Sarah introducing Planty to the curator of the garden:

Planty appreciating some Shakespeare:

Sarah and Planty spending some quality time together:


The best part of Planty's adventure wasn't documented in pictures. It happened when Planty and I stopped at the Japanese garden. We were coloring together when a group of kids in a summer camp surrounded us. One little girl looked at my coloring book so longingly that I offered her a crayon and asked if she wanted to help me color. She and a little boy named Charlie took over the coloring. She told me that she is in 3rd grade and he's in 2nd. We talked about how we are afraid of snakes, but Charlie said that he used to be and isn't anymore (so brave). Soon the other kids saw us coloring and I had about 10 kids climbing on top of me to color. Here's a picture of the finished product:




1 comment: